Dan Hodges in the Telegraph seems to be out to win the creative writing prize for debunking child sexual abuse. This is some of the imagery he has come up with in one article:-
2) pious mantra
3) a circus, a grotesque carnival and a malevolent carnival where there are “politicians acting like prosecutors, journalists acting like judges, prosecutors acting like policemen, and policemen acting like politicians.”
4) national psychosis and a “madness that is not of one man”
5) a toxic critical mass
6) ripping to shreds (of reputations)
7) textbook case study of moral panic, victim blaming culture and contamination of the present.
8) Every single one of us has, in some part, participated in it.
Well done Dan! I’ll be looking to see if anyone can beat you!